Ways to Give
DESC is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, so your donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. DESC directs 85 percent of its spending toward health and housing for vulnerable people. Here are some different ways to give to DESC.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a secure online donation now
- Send a check (payable to DESC) to:
DESC Fund Development
PO Box 4607
Seattle, WA 98194
- Donate stocks or make an Electronic Funds Transfer. Email Shannon Wong, Senior Manager of Individual Giving, to find out how.
- Attend a DESC event.
- See if your workplace has a giving program for matching gifts or contact Steven Dillon, Workplace Giving Specialist, to learn more about setting up an information session/presentation with your team.
- Ask if your workplace will hold a drive for in-kind goods or sponsor an event.
- Leave a legacy well into the future through a bequest or other planned gift vehicle. Email Shannon Wong, Senior Manager of Individual Giving, to find out how.
- Make a gift in memory or honor of a loved one by including their name and address with your donation.
- Donate used or new in-kind goods.
- Adopt an apartment. Your donation supports our clients as they transition to living in their own studio apartments in one of our Permanent Supportive Housing buildings!
- If your employer has a Corporate Social Responsibility department, or you know the company makes community grant awards, please contact Mabana Bamba, Corporate Relations Manager.
- If your family, community group, faith organization or professional association makes grant awards to nonprofit organizations, please contact Barbara Miller, Foundation Relations Manager.
Fund Development team and how to contact us
Briony Ball, Director of Fund Development, email@example.com
Grants from corporations, foundations and community organizations
- Mabana Bamba, Corporate Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 464-1570 x3449
- Barbara Miller, Foundation Relations Manager, email@example.com, (206) 330-9823
- Shannon Wong, Senior Manager of Individual Giving, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 464-1570 x3448
- Steven Dillon, Workplace Giving Specialist, email@example.com, (206) 464-1570 x3301
- Kenny Fox, Major & Planned Giving Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Mayes, Donor Database Administrator, email@example.com, (206) 515-1553 x3445
- Jace Reyes, Individual Gifts and Donor Stewardship Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 464-1570
- Contact email@example.com for more information about donations.
Volunteers, In-Kind Gifts and Events
- Don Rupp, Community Resource and Events Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 723-1883 x7205
- Jamie Dineson, Community Resource Program Assistant, email@example.com, (206) 723-1883 x7206
- Masa Sawaf, Community Resource Program Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org, (206) 723-1883 x7215
- Contact email@example.com for more information about donating new or used items.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about volunteering.
Communications and Community Relations
- Claire Tuohy-Morgan, Communications & Community Relations Manager, email@example.com, (206) 730-7699
- Community Engagement Coordinator (to be filled). Please contact Claire Tuohy-Morgan with community questions.
Other ways to support DESC’s mission to end homelessness:
Become A Member of DESC’s Key Club
Key Club members make automatic monthly donations directly from checking accounts or credit cards. If you give more than one gift annually, or if you would like to make a more significant contribution but feel you can’t afford to write a large check, small monthly donations through our Key Club may be just the thing for you.
To learn more and sign up, contact Shannon Wong.