Join Our Team
DESC is the region’s largest multi-service agency serving adults with long histories of homelessness, living with serious mental illness, alcohol and drug addiction and complicating medical conditions such as HIV/AIDS. DESC succeeds where others have failed. Stretching the bounds of accepted practices, DESC’s professional staff have learned that creative, assertive and holistic approaches, including evidence based and emerging best practices, work best for our highly vulnerable and difficult-to-engage clientele. We welcome your interest in employment at DESC.
DESC is committed to diversity in the work place and promotes equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We value a diverse work force because diversity strengthens our teams and supports our holistic and innovative approaches to client engagement.
DESC provides a Summary of Benefits 2016 for all regular staff working at least 18.75 hours per week.
DESC supports staff professional development with a wide variety of in-house training and continuing education opportunities, a budget for external training, and licensure supervision hours for eligible positions.
Visit the DESC Documentaries to learn more about the work we do.
Working at DESC
We asked staff, “What do you like most about working at DESC?” They responded, saying:
- The holistic approach.
- DESC . . . never gives up on people. No other agency can say that.
- I can be myself when I come to work.
- Our audacity.
- The creative problem-solving with my team.
- The respect, dignity and SINCERE kindness that is shown to clients.
- Our improvisational strategies.
- The feeling of belonging to a community.
- There is something about being a change agent in this crazy world of ours.
- DESC’s commitment to hiring and promoting from within.