Woodland Supportive Housing
DESC Woodland Supportive Housing FAQs
We appreciate the questions and feedback we heard at our first community meeting on Aug. 26. In the FAQs below, we have combined that input with the questions and answers compiled during our community outreach leading up to the meeting. As we noted, we will hold another community meeting soon to answer more questions.
You may also watch the main meeting here.
The proposed project
DESC is seeking funding to build an affordable housing development in the Woodland neighborhood. Both parcels are adjacent to Aurora Ave North.
Our plans include:
- Construction of a new building
- Construction begins in May 2022.
- Capacity: about 95 studio units
- Features: affordable housing with supportive services and indoor/outdoor community spaces for the tenants
- Tenants: single adults who are disabled and experiencing chronic homelessness
- Owners and operators after completion: DESC
- Funding: City of Seattle Office of Housing
Being a good neighbor is important to us. To learn more about neighborhood interests and to provide neighbors with more details, we held a virtual informational meeting about this new housing development on Aug. 26, 2021, via Zoom.
For more information, please contact Communications Manager Claire Tuohy-Morgan.
For comments or questions, please submit this form.
Please note that any information collected during community outreach may be submitted to the City of Seattle and made public pursuant to the Washington Public Records Act.