Woodland Supportive Housing
The proposed project
DESC will build an affordable housing development in the Woodland neighborhood. Both parcels are adjacent to Aurora Ave North.
Our plans include:
- Building demolition beginning after Aug. 1, 2022
- Construction of a new building
- 95 studio units
- Construction begins in summer 2022.
- Features: affordable housing with supportive services and indoor/outdoor community spaces for the tenants
- Tenants: single adults who are living with disabilities and experiencing chronic homelessness
- Owners and operators after completion: DESC
- Funding: City of Seattle Office of Housing
Being a good neighbor is important to us.
We held our first community meeting on this project on Aug. 26, 2021, and a second meeting on Oct. 18, 2021.
DESC Woodland Supportive Housing FAQs
In the FAQs below, we combined feedback from the meetings with the questions and answers compiled during our community outreach.
You may also watch the main meeting here.
For more information, please contact Communications Manager Claire Tuohy-Morgan.
For comments or questions, please submit this form.
Please note that any information collected during community outreach may be submitted to the City of Seattle and made public pursuant to the Washington Public Records Act.