Crisis Diversion Facility
DESC’s Crisis Diversion Facility provides a safe, therapeutic, voluntary environment where people experiencing a behavioral health crisis can stay for up to 72 hours while receiving psychiatric evaluation and stabilization services along with other supports.
This state-licensed Residential Treatment Facility only accepts individuals in behavioral crisis who are referred by first responders in King County, including law enforcement, Fire Department/Medic One units, Designated Crisis Responders and hospital emergency department social workers.
- Can support inpatient stays for 16 clients for up to 72 hours
- Accepts referrals from first responders 24/7
- Mental health and substance use screenings
- Physical screenings at intake
- Collaboration with outside providers and social contacts for discharge
- Psychiatric evaluation, medication stabilization, and monitoring by on-site medical staff
- Harm reduction model with personalized success plans for clients underserved by traditional services
- Referral to Crisis Diversion Interim Services if needed